The Zagreb Philharmonic Orchestra has continued to shine as a leading cultural landmark in Croatia for nearly 150 years, both to promote classical music within Croatia and as a cultural ambassador to the world, embodying the image of Zagreb as a Central European center of music, art and culture.
The orchestra, first founded in 1871, is excited to bring the 2018/2019 season full of exciting performances under the motto “147 years of the orchestra and you haven’t heard everything yet!”
A Different Programme Every Night
On the first night, the Orchestra will perform three full musical pieces by Tchaikovsky, Grieg, and Korsakov.
On the second and third nights, the audience will enjoy a selection of classical excerpts, musical pieces from «Game of Thrones», «Harry Potter», «The Lord of the Rings», «The Godfather» and «Star Wars», along with a number of outstanding pieces by Kuwaiti composers.
Concert I – January 3, 2019
PYOTR ILYICH TCHAIKOVSKY – Serenade for Strings in C Major, Op. 48
EDVARD GRIEG – Piano Concerto in A Minor, Op. 16
NIKOLAI RIMSKY KORSAKOV – Scheherazade, Op. 35
Concert II – January 4, 2019
VATROSLAV LISINSKI – Grande Polonaise in C Major
GIACOMO PUCCINI – Intermezzo from Manon Lescaut Opera, Act III
CAMILLE SAINT-SAËNS – Allegro Appassionato for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 70 Piano: Mia Pečnik
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART – The Abduction from the Seraglio, Overture
NIKOLAI RIMSKY-KORSAKOV – Scheherazade, Op.35, 4th Movement
CAMILLE SAINT-SAËNS – Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso, Op. 28 Violin: Luka Ljubas
ABDULAZIZ SHABAKOUH – Raqsat Al-Jawari
YOUSEF HALAWA – Oud Fantasia
KHALED NOURI –Al-Hawa
ENNIO MORRICONE – Gabriel's Oboe
JOHN WILLIAMS – Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone – Hedwig's Theme
JOHN WILLIAMS - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone – Harry's Wondrous World
DMITRI SHOSTAKOVICH – Jazz Suite, Waltz No. 2
Concert III, January 5 2019
BLAGOJE BERSA – Idyll, op. 25b
BEDŘICH SMETANA – Má Vlast, 2nd Movement
GUSTAV MAHLER – Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, 3rd Movement
PYOTR ILYICH TCHAIKOVSKY – Symphony No. 6 in B Minor, Op. 74 “Pathétique”: Final Movement
Mohammad ALHamdan - Symphony no.1 in E Minor "The Green Land" : First Movement
ABDULAZIZ SHABAKOUH – Al-Qurain
MISHAL HUSSAIN – Al-Boushiya
ASTOR PIAZZOLA – Por Una Cabezza, Tango
HOWARD SHORE – Lord of the Rings Suite
RAMIN DJAWADI – Game of Thrones Main Title
NINO ROTA – The Godfather – Immigrant and Love Theme
JOHN WILLIAMS – Star Wars, Suite for Orchestra - Main Title
- NO food or drinks are permitted inside the auditorium.
- NO cameras, phones, or video recordings are allowed to be used during the show.
- The age limit indicated on the show ticket must be respected.
- NO exchange or refunds are permitted unless the event is canceled or postponed.
- Only tickets sold via our official sales channels shall be honored.
- Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale under any circumstances.
- Tickets shared over social media with the barcode visible before the start of the show may be canceled.
- Anytime during the show, and for any reason, should the ticketholder decide to exit the venue, a re-entry may not be granted to the auditorium due to security reasons.
- Auditorium doors will close at the time indicated on the ticket.
- Late entries will not be allowed except during the intermission.
- Neither the promoter nor the venue can accept responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Violating any of the above terms and conditions grants us the right to cancel your tickets without refund and deny you from attending or continuing the show.