From September 18th to 22nd, the Drama Theatre hosts the 23rd edition of the International Music Festival, organized by the National Council for Culture, Arts and Letters. The second night of the festival, September 19th, celebrates the songs of late Turkish singer Bergen, known as the Woman of Pains. Turkish singer Tuğça Al-Najjar will perform Bergen’s most beautiful songs accompanied by the musical ensemble under the direction of Dr. Bassam Al-Baloushi and the participation of the Istanbul Strings Ensemble.
Bergen was one of the most prominent Arabesque music stars in Turkey in the 1980s, breaking sales records with her albums, including her fourth “Woman of Pains”, which its title later became her nickname. She was renowned for her expressive voice and melancholy songs that reflected her bitter personal life. Bergen was tragically killed by her ex-husband who first threw nitric acid on her face resulting in blindness in her right eye. In 2022, a Turkish biopic about her was released bringing her memory and songs back to the forefront.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDTION:
1. No food or beverage are permitted inside the venue.
2. Professional photography is not allowed.
3. The age limit indicated on the show ticket must be respected.
4. No exchange or refund is permitted unless the event is canceled or postponed.
5. Only tickets sold through the official sales channels shall be honored.
6. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale under any circumstance.
7. Tickets shared over social media with the barcode visible before the start of the show may be canceled.
8. Re-entry of ticketholders may not be granted to the venue due to security reasons.
9. Venue doors will close at the time indicated on the ticket.
10. To ensure a wonderful experience for all our concerts and performances, we would like to remind our valued guest with Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmed Cultural Centre house rules and conditions, as indicated on tickets that doors are open 60 minutes prior to the show and closes 10 minutes before start time, therefore, ticket holder arriving late are subject to be admitted at suitable times in accordance with the nature of each show.
11. Neither the promoter nor the venue accepts responsibility for lost or stolen items.
12. Violating any of the above terms and conditions grants us the right to cancel tickets without a refund and deny ticketholders from attending or continuing the show.