Despite being born blind, Ammar Al-Sherei (1948-2012) excelled as a musical master with a distinct melodic style and a creative approach, characteristics that have been apparent in the songs and movie soundtracks he produced across his 40-year long career.
He not only composed over 300 songs for the greatest singers of the Arab world, he produced the music scores for 50 films, 150 television series, 20 radio shows and 10 musical plays. He also appeared as a music critic on a weekly show entitled Ghawas Fi Bahr Al-Nagham (Diver in the Sea of Melodies), then at Sahrat Sherei (Sherei Night) on television.
To celebrate the legacy of this modern icon of Arab music, the Sheikh Jaber Al Ahmed Cultural Centre will host a performance of a selection of his music scores and compositions that still echo across the region. The show will feature star singers Abdullah Al-Ruwaished and Riham Abdel-Hakim, accompanied by an orchestra led by Maestro Nader Abbassi.
- NO food or drinks are permitted inside the auditorium.
- NO cameras, phones, or video recordings are allowed to be used during the show.
- The age limit indicated on the show ticket must be respected.
- NO exchange or refunds are permitted unless the event is canceled or postponed.
- Only tickets sold via our official sales channels shall be honored.
- Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale under any circumstances.
- Tickets shared over social media with the barcode visible before the start of the show may be canceled.
- Anytime during the show, and for any reason, should the ticketholder decide to exit the venue, a re-entry may not be granted to the auditorium due to security reasons.
- Auditorium doors will close at the time indicated on the ticket.
- Late entries will not be allowed except during the intermission.
- Neither the promoter nor the venue can accept responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Violating any of the above terms and conditions grants us the right to cancel your tickets without refund and deny you from attending or continuing the show.