The Drama Theatre will host the closing ceremony of the 23rd edition of the International Music Festival organized by the National Council for Culture, Arts and Letters, September 18th to 22nd. A concert honoring the late Egyptian composer and singer Mohamed Abdel Wahab dubbed “the musician of generations” will also be held as part of the ceremony. Egyptian singers Samah Seddik and Mohamed Shata will perform a compilation of Abdel Wahab melodies, accompanied by the musical ensemble under the direction of Dr. Mohamed Al-Mougui.
Mohamed Abdel Wahab is regarded as one of the most innovative Egyptian composers of all time, having laid the foundation for the new era of Arabic music by introducing novel rhythms and styles. During his long career, which began in 1917 and spanned over six decades, he composed hundreds of songs for himself and other leading Arab singers including Asmahan, Laila Murad, Fairouz, Wadie Al-Safi, Abdel-Halim Hafez, Warda, Shadia and many others. His collaboration with Umm Kulthum was delayed until 1964, when they presented the famous song “Enta Omri” (You Are My Life), which was followed by nine other songs.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDTION:
1. No food or beverage are permitted inside the venue.
2. Professional photography is not allowed.
3. The age limit indicated on the show ticket must be respected.
4. No exchange or refund is permitted unless the event is canceled or postponed.
5. Only tickets sold through the official sales channels shall be honored.
6. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale under any circumstance.
7. Tickets shared over social media with the barcode visible before the start of the show may be canceled.
8. Re-entry of ticketholders may not be granted to the venue due to security reasons.
9. Venue doors will close at the time indicated on the ticket.
10. To ensure a wonderful experience for all our concerts and performances, we would like to remind our valued guest with Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmed Cultural Centre house rules and conditions, as indicated on tickets that doors are open 60 minutes prior to the show and closes 10 minutes before start time, therefore, ticket holder arriving late are subject to be admitted at suitable times in accordance with the nature of each show.
11. Neither the promoter nor the venue accepts responsibility for lost or stolen items.
12. Violating any of the above terms and conditions grants us the right to cancel tickets without a refund and deny ticketholders from attending or continuing the show.