The Arab lyrical heritage has long been characterized by sung poems. In the glory years of Arabic music in the twentieth century, the sung poem established a high artistic musical taste and became one of the most luxurious musicals. Songs of poetry have been sung by singers from all generations, and many poems have gained fame from being presented by great singers. During this evening “Arabic Sung poems”, to be held at Sheikh Jaber Al-Ali Concert Hall on March 20, the talented Lebanese singer Walaa Al-Jundi will perform a collection of the most beautiful sung poems in Arabic music, along with other songs, accompanied by the musical ensemble conducted by Dr Mohammed Al-Aswad.
The evening’s programme presents several poems by the well-known Kuwaiti poet Abdulaziz Saud Al-Babtain, including “Lan Aslakom” (I Will Not Forget You), for which Walaa Al-Jundi has recently won the “Prince Abdullah Al-Faisal International Prize for Arabic Poetry” in the category of best sung poem. In addition, she will perform famous poems of other singers such as Fairuz and Mohamed Abdel Wahab, as well as two of Umm Kulthum’s masterpieces, “Fat AL-Miaa’d” (Time has passed) and “Alf Leila W Leila” (A Thousand and One Nights”.
This concert takes place as part of the eighteenth session of Abdulaziz Saud Al-Babtain Cultural Foundation, entitled, “Al-Babtain Encyclopedia of Arabic Poets in the Age of Islamic States and Emirates”.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDTION:
1. No food or beverage are permitted inside the venue.
2. Professional photography is not allowed.
3. The age limit indicated on the show ticket must be respected.
4. No exchange or refund is permitted unless the event is canceled or postponed.
5. Only tickets sold through the official sales channels shall be honored.
6. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale under any circumstance.
7. Tickets shared over social media with the barcode visible before the start of the show may be canceled.
8. Re-entry of ticketholders may not be granted to the venue due to security reasons.
9. Venue doors will close at the time indicated on the ticket.
10. Late entries will not be allowed except during the intermission.
11. Neither the promoter nor the venue accepts responsibility for lost or stolen items.
12. Violating any of the above terms and conditions grants us the right to cancel tickets without a refund and deny ticketholders from attending or continuing the show.