! -- End Facebook Pixel Code -->
During the past decade, Kuwait’s film industry has flourished with dozens of young filmmakers who have made exquisite experiences in the fields of animated films, documentaries, and features. “An Insight into Kuwaiti Films”, is a monthly screening series organized by the Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmed Cultural Centre Cinema Hall to highlight these independent works. The screening will be followed by an in-depth discussion with the filmmakers.
This month’s Insight into Kuwaiti Films is part of the Arab Film Showcase (May 26-29), where three short films will be screened. The first, “The Job” by Mariam Al-Abbad, tells the story of Ahmed, who is trying to find a job during hard times. The second, “Radio Musaed”, written and directed by Othman Al-Fulaij, takes place at the time of the invasion, about young Kuwaiti Musaed who established the first home radio station, but there were some obstacles to overcome. The film is based on a true story that happened in the early 1970s. The last film, “Lamia Khonda,” by Khaled Al-Rayes, is also based on a true story of Lamia Khonda, an Iraqi woman living in Kuwait during the Iraqi invasion. As the film is a tribute to the director’s grandmother, who passed away in 2014, it recounts a part of her life as lived by the director.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDTION:
1. Professional photography is not allowed.
2. The age limit indicated on the show ticket must be respected.
3. No exchange or refund is permitted unless the event is canceled or postponed.
4. Only tickets sold through the official sales channels shall be honored.
5. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale under any circumstance.
6. Tickets shared over social media with the barcode visible before the start of the show may be canceled.
7. Re-entry of ticketholders may not be granted to the venue due to security reasons.
8. Venue doors will close at the time indicated on the ticket.
9. Late entries will not be allowed except during the intermission.
10. Neither the promoter nor the venue accepts responsibility for lost or stolen items.
11. Violating any of the above terms and conditions grants us the right to cancel tickets without a refund and deny ticketholders from attending or continuing the show.